Thursday, August 20, 2015

Little Pop Design Blog

Welcome to the Little Pop Design blog.

I've found it quite challenging to keep up with social media for my new business. I'm a stay-at-home mom managing an energetic toddler, designing and making products for my Etsy shop. As if that weren't enough, there's a whole world of social media and marketing that needs to be managed!

Posting links to my products on Pinterest, Twitter, or Facebook is pretty painless, but that doesn't really express what the Little Pop brand is all about. Pinterest is a great visual to see what I'm into, but gives no real direction about how I'm interpreting it all. Twitter is great for getting people's attention with hashtags, connecting to other like-minded businesses, and sharing real-time random thoughts. Facebook is an easy way to force-feed posts, and although "friends" are a great way to start networking, they aren't always the desired target audience when you're looking for customers.

I'm starting this blog as a way to share news, information, obsessions AND new products in one place. I'll explain the reasoning behind my Pinterest boards. You will find a snap-shot of my Twitter feed in the side bar (usually product links, stay-at-home mom laments and toddler humor). Blogging is an easy way to write something and blast it out across all platforms of media. So, I think it will be an ideal place to summarize the trends behind my design process, and share information to inspire and inform my potential customers.

I hope you find something interesting and inspiring here in future posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment